Best label printer
We are more than familiar with labels. They are on everything we buy, and some of us even use them at home for several things like food, files, or even things we store in our garages. However, have you ever thought about how those labels are made? Some commercial users use label makers, but some of them go a little bit further and invest in a label printer. It is somewhat different, and in some cases, it improves efficiency.
How is a label printer different from a label maker?
The only thing that the two have in common is that they make labels. However, that is pretty much it. The way they make the tags, on the other hand, is entirely different. The first difference is how they work. A label maker is not computerized. You select the symbols that go on the label, and then the device imprints the piece of paper that goes inside it. A label printer, on the other hand, is precisely what the name suggests, and that is a printer.
Another difference is the limitation. A label maker is limited as in you can print so many symbols. If the device has 23 symbols, for example, that is pretty much all you can get from it. A label printer, however, can print whatever you need. You can print logos, barcodes, images, and whatever symbols you need. It is not limited in any way. Usually, larger companies use label printers for that because small stores do not need them. It would be an overkill.
Lastly, a label printer is far more efficient than a label maker. Some label printers can print 70 labels per minutes, which is something you will never be able to do with a label maker. Especially if you need different tags that contain different symbols.
Types of label printers
As you can imagine, there are different devices when it comes to printing labels. The devices that are up to the task differ in type. As far as the label printers go, we know of three categories.
The handheld label printer
You have already guessed the type of this printer. You can hold it in your hand. The design is compact so that you can use it in situations in which you need to move around and print labels. The perfect example is working and tagging products in a warehouse. This type of label printer is cheaper than the other two. Even so, you still get to enjoy plenty of useful functions. You can print pretty much whatever you need. However, the con of such a model is that the width of the tape is limited. After all, we are talking about a portable label printer. You cannot create large labels with it. Some models have an integrated cutter, which definitely makes things easier. All in all, this small label printer can be useful in many situations.
The desktop label printer
First of all, do not confuse this type with a computer connectable printer. This is an independent label printer that does not require any other device to work. It is equipped with a built-in keypad and a screen that will help you design your label however you want. Depending on the model, you can enjoy multiple fonts, and you can print two lines. Plus, the width of the tape can vary, and most models in this category can use up to 4 different widths. I think that this kind of label printer is ideal for small offices. You need labels, but not too many, and you do not want to use a label maker.
The computer connectable label printer
The last type of label printer is the computer connectable device. It is similar to the previous type, except that you use a computer to design the label. So, instead of creating the label on the screen of the printer, you can use a software program to design it on your computer screen. Make sure that you check the compatibility before you make a purchase because not all computer connectable label printers work with PC and MAC. Also, the programs can differ as well.
One of the best things about this kind of label printer is that it is highly efficient. It can print a ton of labels within a single hour, so if you are working in a field where there is a high demand for labels, this is the model you are looking for. It may be the most expensive, but it is worth every penny.
How to choose the best label printer
If you are in the market for a label printer, you should be very careful how you make your choice. Not all products deliver what you need. Reading some label printers reviews online will help, but the most important thing is to read the specification so that you can buy precisely what you need. Here is what you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Type – as I mentioned earlier, there are three types of label printers. I am not going over them again, but you should make a choice depending on your needs. Since some models are very expensive, check to see if you really need one of those.
- The size of the label – depending on the field you are working in, you may need a specific size of label. Not all printers can produce the same thing, which is why you need to look for one that delivers what you need. Lucky for you, there are enough products on the market, and chances are you are going to find what you need. You just need to look for it.
- Construction – the construction of the label printer should be durable no matter which kind you are going for. For example, if you need a handheld model, it needs to have a sturdy built because it may happen for someone to drop it. By accident, of course. It needs to take some abuse. Also, if you work in an environment where there is an incredibly high demand for labels, you need to make sure that the product you buy can easily make 500 tags in a single day. Whichever the case, always go for the most durable label printer, even if it costs a little bit more.
- Ease of use – a label printer should never be hard to use. They all come with a manual, but you that does not mean you need training for it. Also, if you are going for a computer connectable label printer, make sure that you go for one that can use several software programs. It will make creating labels a lot easier for you. That way you can design a label using a program that you already know how to use. Microsoft Word, for example.
What are the best label printers?
Now that you learned how to select a label printer, maybe you need some help making a choice. There are way too many devices out there, which may render you confused. As I said, do not forget to read some label printers reviews online before you make a purchase, and never buy a product without reading its specifications. If you want things to go effortlessly, just pick one of the products described below.
Dymo LabelWriter 450 Turbo Thermal Label Printer
If you do a quick search online, you will see that Dymo is a manufacturer that produces most of the label printers on the market. There are not many manufacturers in this category, but Dymo is one of the best. This particular label printer is a fast and efficient device that can create as many as 71 labels per minute, which makes it one of the fastest products on the market. In case you did not figure it out, the LabelWriter from Dymo is a computer connectable device that requires software to design and print labels. Even so, you can use multiple programs, some of which you may already be familiar with.
This device includes Dymo Stamps software so that you can print USPS-approved postage directly from your computer. It is a very useful feature if your business does a lot of shipping. The printer uses thermal printing technology, which basically means that you do not have to worry about replacing the ink cartridges ever again.
You can connect this printer to a Mac or a PC, and you can print labels using Word, Excel, Outlook, and much more. The device is compatible with Windows 7 or later, and macOS 10.9 or later. If you have any issues with connectivity, refer to the manual. Even so, the unit is straightforward to use, and you should have no problems in learning how.
Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer
One other manufacturer that produces high-quality and durable label printers is Brother. It is a market titan as well in this category, which is why you will encounter a lot of products from them. This device is no different. Just as the title suggests, it is a high-speed lable printer that can create up to 93 label per minute. That, of course, if the labels you need have only black text. Color printing or image printing will happen slower, but not by much. It is a highly efficient label printer no matter what you need it to print.
The Brother label printer is a device capable of printing two colors, red and black, on the entire surface of the label. It is a computer connectable label printer, which means that you need a computer or a laptop to design the desired labels. While you can use several software programs, you can also download the free Brother iPrint&Label app for more designs.
Just like the previous product, this one uses thermal printing technology as well. You do not need to buy ink or toner. That will cut the costs in the long run. The unit is compatible with both Windows and Mac, and it can be integrated with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc. you should have no issues in using it.
Epson LW-700 Portable Desktop Label Printer
Since we already have two computer connectable label printers, maybe it is time for you to check out this desktop label printer as well. The advantage with this one is that you can carry it around because it is portable. Even so, the USB connectivity allows you to connect this unit to a computer as well so that you can design your labels on a larger screen. If that is not possible, the integrated keypad will allow you to do it on the spot. As you can imagine, it has a battery for when you need to get away from the office.
The Epson label printer can satisfy almost all labeling needs. It supports five tape sizes and print labels up 1 inch in width. It features 14 fonts, 10 font styles, more than 450 symbols, and at least 75 frames. If you buy it, you will see that it is versatile, and will help you with your labeling needs.
The device arrives with a user’s manual, but it is incredibly easy to use. You will get the hang of it in no time. The only downside to this model is that it does not feature thermal printing technology, so you need to buy toner from time to time.
You should choose a label printer according to your needs and preferences, but if I were to pick one, I would go with the Brother QL-800 High-Speed Professional Label Printer. It is a highly efficient device with incredible quality. I think it can easily pass as the best label printer you can find within this price range.
Labels should not be something to concern yourself with. In a time when everything is high-speed and high-performance, making labels by hand is no longer necessary. As you can see, you have the right tools to get the job done with minimal effort, and one of the label printers above will get the job done. Click here to buy on Amazon
- The Little-Known Secrets to Print Mailing Labels
- Using Price Label Printer
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Large Label Maker
- Cheap Label Maker Features
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About 4×6 Label Printer Exposed
- Best Printer for Labels – What Is It?
- The 30-Second Trick for Commercial Label Printer
- Private Info About Best Shipping Label Printer That Only the Pros Know Exist
- What You Don’t Know About Small Label Printer
- Finding the Best Address Label Maker
- Label Making Machine – What Is It?
- The Definitive Solution for Shipping Label Maker That You Can Find Out About Today
- Here’s What I Know About Thermal Transfer Printer
- New Questions About Handheld Label Maker Answered and Why You Must Read Every Word of This Report
- Ruthless Postage Label Printer Strategies Exploited
- The Most Ignored Fact Regarding Barcode Label Printer Uncovered
- Cheap Label Printing Help!
- The War Against Thermal Label Printer
- The Debate Over Handheld Label Printer
- Top Tips of Printing Labels
- The One Thing to Do for Label Printing Machine
- The Foolproof Print Address Labels Strategy
- Get the Scoop on Printable Labels Before You’re Too Late
- Un-Answered Problems With Dymo Labelwriter Uncovered
- The Unusual Details Regarding Best Label Maker That Some People Don’t Know About
- Brother Label Printer Exposed
- All About Labelmaker
- What You Do Not Know About Brother Label Maker Might Surprise You
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Color Label Printer and Why You Must Take Action Today
- Top Barcode Printer Guide!
- The Little-Known Secrets to Thermal Printer
- Whispered Label Machine Secrets
- What You Should Do to Find Out About Shipping Label Printer Before You’re Left Behind
- What You Don’t Know About Label Printer
- Using Label Maker